Dog Grooming School
Dog grooming course
Pet Stylist Pet Grooming School, managed by Mr. Aein Mehara, is the first specialized dog grooming school in Iran to be registered with the International Groomers Association (IGA).
• The first Iranian to receive three international grooming certificates from Starwood Arts Of Dog Grooming School.
• Iranian representative and official member of the International Groomers Association (IGA).
• The author of the first dog grooming manual in Iran.
• Manager of Pet Stylist, the first standard grooming salon in Iran to be registered with IGA International Association.
Pet grooming classes (In-Person)
- In-person classes are held over 12 seven-hour sessions (a total of 100 hours).
- Students practice dog training techniques under the supervision of the instructor.
- The course will cover a variety of breeds, including: Drop Coated breeds such as the Shih Tzu, Yorkshire Terrier, Maltese; Double Coated breeds such as the Pomeranian and Pekingese; Curly Coated breeds such as the Poodle.
Upon completion of the course, students will be required to take a theoretical and practical test, and once they pass, a certificate of participation will be issued.
Fees for grooming courses are as follows:
- Cash: 35 million tomans.
- Installments: 40 million tomans (with 20 million tomans paid upfront and the remainder paid every six months).
- Knowledge of dog grooming tools
- Learn about the different types of dog coats
- Understanding the anatomy of dogs in order to perform standard grooming procedures
- Comb, brush, and detangle pets correctly
- Pet bathing procedure
- Using a clipper and becoming familiar with the types of blades available for pet grooming
- Learn about grooming scissors (thinning shears, curved shears, and straight shears) and how to use them effectively.
- Knowledge of the standard haircut for each breed
Grooming tools required to begin training:
- Curved scissors
- Straight scissors
- Thinning shears
- #4 blade
- #7 blade
- #10 blade
- #40 blade
- Slicker brush
- Greyhound comb
- Dematting Comb
- Blood clotting powder
- Ear powder
- Ear cleaning solution
Practice grooming techniques on actual dogs
As opposed to pet grooming schools throughout the country, where grooming is performed by the trainer and students are only observers, during all training sessions at PetStylist Academy, the students groom the training models themselves, with the instructor only providing supervision. As PetStylist believes that students will not gain sufficient skills without the opportunity to practice on dogs and groom them themselves, observing is more comparable to attending a seminar than a training course.
In the Pet Stylist Academy, students will learn how to groom different breeds of dogs with different types of body coats (smooth, silky, double-coated, curly), including:
Breed-based grooming course
The course is designed for students who have already completed basic grooming training and wish to learn the standard grooming techniques for specific breeds.
Breed-based training consists of three sessions.
For the breed-based course, students have the option of selecting the following breeds:
- Shih Tzu (Puppy cut/ Comb cut / Asian fusion face)
- Yorkshire Terrier (Puppy cut / Asian fusion face)
- Poodle (Teddy bear cut /Lamb cut / Asian fusion face)
- Pomeranian (Standard cut / Boo cut (Due to the possibility of damage to the pet's coat, students are required to bring their own dog.)
- Pekingese (Puppy cut)
Pet grooming courses (online)
By enrolling in the online course, students will be able to access hours of educational videos, and after one month, they will be given a theoretical and practical test, after which a certificate will be awarded.
No. 12, Unit 1, 2nd Gol Dead End, Shabanlu Street, Hossein Square, Tehran
The Pet Stylist Academy's students
|Mobin Heydari From Boushehr||Sara Sistani From Kerman|
|Pardis Goodarzi From Broojerd||Afsaneh Doroodgaran From Bandar Abas|
|Azin Hakimi From Tehran||Aria Agharafiee From Tehran|
Registration and more information about the grooming course
Interested students and groomers may contact Pet Stylist to obtain more information and to participate in grooming classes or exams.